In early 1959, with great fanfare, Lockheed's new, 4-engine prop-jet, the Electra, went into service and Eastern was the first Airline to fly it. The Electra was actually an Electra II, since Lockheed had built an earlier aircraft named the Electra in the 1930's- a two-engine aircraft that was popular before being overshadowed by the DC-3. With the new Electra, Lockheed continued its tradition of naming planes after stars. The Electra looked like a "regular airliner," except that the thick prop blades and the four enormous large engine covers (the nacelles and cowlings) that housed the General Electric/Allison jet-turbine driver power plants made the wings seem ever smaller and stubbier. In addition, the fuselage was relatively wide- making it one of the roomiest airliners of its time. Here we have it on a Royal Blue Heavyweight 100% cotton shirt with the plane full on the back, and the 'Golden Falcon' logo small on the left chest.